Friday, February 27, 2009

Following up...

I've been brewing the story for several weeks - the autistic kid who works at Gerbes and uses his paycheck to help his family buy groceries. I went to the Gerbes yesterday and asked the supervisor when he's working next - on the condition that I was doing a story on him. I know it's sketchy to show up and ask when someone's working! He's scheduled to work tomorrow afternoon, so it'll be perfect if I can get some video of him at work, then go to his house and interview his parents and get some video there. Obviously, I'll need to interview him too - thankfully I have the camera for an overnight, so I'll have plenty of time to interview him. A news angle of this? Not much - like my last package, this is oriented more towards human-interest. But I think as I talk to the family, there might be something I can tie in - for instance, the amount of children/teenagers who are autistic or how people in Mid-Mo could have support networks in place for people with autism.
---------

No comments:

Post a Comment